Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gramar Item.

Alexander Vàsquez
Grammar Item
Level: Upper-intermediate EFL students
Aim: Checking the domain of simple past, present perfect

Tommy is now living away from home, so he writes a letter to his parents to tell them the latest events in his life. Read the following letter and complete it with the correct tense and form of the verbs in parenthesis. 0.5 each = 6 pts

Dear Mom and Dad,

Sorry, I _________________(write) recently, but I __________________(have) a great time to be honest, so there’s not much to write. Last weekend, I _______________(buy) a car…but it wasn’t easy, believe me. I hope you are all fine. I_______________________(do) OK, but the car isn’t. I ________________(have) lots of problems with it lately. A few days ago, it __________________(leave) me stranded on the way to NY. What a nightmare!

Fortunately, a couple of friends I ____________________(meet), helped me to get a job. But, I ____________________(get) my first paycheck yet. I ____________________(want) to ask you for money, but you ________________(say) you would help me if I __________________(get) desperate. Well, I am desperate. So, can you please send me $ 200 if possible?. I know I never ________________(use) to say this back at home, but I miss you a lot now.

Thanks a million. I’ll call you soon.

Love, Tommy

No comments: